Sherwood Forest Appreciation Weekend
June 26 @ 1:00 pm
Weekend 1 – June 26th-28th / Weekend 2 – July 3rd-5th
Experience Sherwood Forest like never before!
The Double JJ Resort is as upset as anyone else about the cancellation of Electric Forest, and we have received an overwhelming amount of interest for guests still looking to spend their weekend enjoying the sights, sounds, and energy of Sherwood Forest in its natural setting. We’ve listened and have scheduled two weekends of camping to enjoy the quiet, serenity and beauty of Sherwood Forest. This event is NOT a music festival but an intimate primitive camping weekend including DJ’s with a very limited number of campsites in The Old Ranch for our forest family. There will be plenty of space to move and groove while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
We will be providing DJ’s in multiple locations around The Old Ranch. The Friday Night Barbecue and Saturday Night Pig Roast are included for each guest. We will also have several other food options available, including the White Lake VFW Post 3256 (June 27th and 28th) and The Whitehall American Legion (July 4th and 5th) cooking breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning, in addition to a fully stocked bar for attendees over the age of (21+). (Minimum age to attend is 18)
Please be aware, we at the Double JJ Resort, take your safety as well as the safety of our staff and the surrounding communities, very seriously and will be adhering to all local, state and federal guidelines including social distancing. Campsites will be restricted to no more than 4 guests per each site. Should this event need to be postponed our contingency dates are July 17-19 and July 24-26.
Price Breakdown :
Campsite – $200 (Maximum of 4 guests per campsite)
Wristband – $150 per person
To place your reservation, or if you have further questions, please contact our guest service team at (231) 894-4444.
This event is not associated nor affiliated with The Electric Forest Festival.
- What does my wristband include?
- Daytime access to Sherwood Forest
- DJ entertainment throughout the weekend
- Yoga and Meditation workshops throughout the weekend
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday night
- Complimentary Shuttle
- Outdoor pool and water park
- Wild Cat Lake (Swimming permitted at own risk)
- Adult lawn games
- What time does check-in/out start?
Check-in begins on Friday (wknd1: 6/26) or (wknd2: 7/3) at 1PM
Check out: Sunday 1PM
- What items are not permitted?
- No weapons or firearms
- No glass bottles
- No grills, open flames, candles, or campfires
- No Fireworks, paper lanterns, or explosives
- No gas/fuel cans of any kind
- No laser pointers or drones
- No loud music (with exception of venue) after 11pm in the campground area (Please respect our neighbors!)
- No entry without a wristband
- No day passes
- No helium tanks
- How large will my campsite be?
Each campsite will be 15×20 feet or 300 sq. ft. and are assigned as first come first serve. Cars will drop off at campsite and then parked in a nearby lot for the weekend.
- What hours will the forest be open?
Sherwood Forest will be open in its natural setting from sunrise to sunset only.
- Can my friends camp with me if they don’t have a wristband/campsite?
All campers on the property must have a wristband.
- Can I bring my RV?
Yes, we have a limited number of spots for RV’s in the Back 40 campground.
- Can I bring my pet?
No, service animals only please.
- Will tickets be sold at entry?
No, tickets are expected to sell out rapidly and no tickets will be sold upon entry.
- Can I bring my hammock?
Yes however hammocks may only be set up in designated areas right outside of the forest.
- How do I apply to become a food or arts and crafts vendor?
Please contact Sales@DoubleJJ.com
- What type of food should I expect?
A Friday night BBQ and Saturday night Pig Roast are included in the cost of your wristband. (Vegan options available) We also will have several other food vendors on site in addition to three restaurants on the property.
- Are VIP lodging options available?
Yes we have resort rooms, suites, and cabins reserved for VIP’s. Please contact our customer service team at (231)894-4444 to check what’s available.
- May I bring my own alcohol?
Yes, you may bring one case of beer and one box of wine per campsite. Outside alcohol may only be consumed at your campsite. Alcohol will also be available for purchase. (21+)
15. What type of music should I expect?
Music will be mostly local Midwest DJ’s in the different varieties of ‘House Music’; (think more head bob than head bang). Several stages with full DJ lineups 11am-11pm, 1 area with open decks for attendees will be provided.