Double JJ Resort specializes in corporate outings and retreats. Whether your goal is team building for key personnel or a fun-filled getaway for doing a job well done, we can put together a package to meet your needs. We have plenty of function space and 1,200 acres of fun things to do that will keep people talking about your event for years to come.
Breathtaking tall timbers and two-story windows overlook Carpenter Lake and the Thoroughbred Golf Course. There are four conference rooms to suit your needs. The lower level consists of the Maverick and Wyatt rooms, which can be connected if needed. Upstairs, the Mustang room is perfect for board meetings of up to 20 people. The Sundance Balcony overlooks the restaurant and is available for informal gatherings and semi-private dining.
The Gold Rush
Located in the Frontier adjacent to the Sundance, this building holds two of our meeting rooms as well as our indoor waterpark. Pecos Pete is great for secluded meetings and the Wild West room overlooks the waterpark.
The Back Forty
Located on the southern edge of our property, this facility offers a very unique experience. Surrounded by an Old West Town, this meeting space offers your group the perfect retreat. The Dancehall is one of our largest settings, as it can hold up to 250 people in its casual western setting. Just adjacent to it is the Jesse James room.
The JJ Ranch
For over 70 years, the Ranch has provided guests a touch of the Old West. The Wagon Wheel building overlooks Big Wildcat Lake and is complete with a massive redwood beam ceiling, cedar plank walls and wood floor.
Located throughout the Double JJ Resort, there are numerous settings for large corporate picnics and day use programming. The Steak Site is located on beautiful Carpenter Lake at the JJ Frontier, can be accessed via horseback or hay wagon, and the Family Barbeque Site is nestled back by the Family Cabins and Log Homes.
The Double JJ Ranch, Waterpark and Golf Resort have many opportunities for you to work and grow with your team. We offer a comprehensive menu of strategically-designed games, challenges and adventures.
The Amazing Ranch Race
The perfect team building adventure! Split your group into teams where they will be encouraged to work together in order to complete the given tasks! Teams will familiarize themselves with our resort by racing from one end to the other. Golf, fishing, and horseback riding are just a few of the adventures we have planned for your team during The Amazing Ranch Race!
Day in the Life of a Cowboy
A four-hour event that lets you find out what it feels like to be a real cowboy! Events include:
- Saddle Up – You’ll have to really stretch your communication muscles for this exercise, which requires the team to collect all of the pieces of and assemble a saddle, all while using non-verbal communication!
- Fencing Building – You’ve got just one minute to organize and assign roles before you start building a 12×12 fence! The trick is that the building portion is complete silence….no speaking allowed! The group needs to finish their pen as quickly as possible but still make sure it’s functional.
- Settin’ Up Camp – Organize camp by building a tent, starting a fire, and catching a live fish for dinner. A real challenge for all the city-slickers!
Survivor Cowboy Games
A series of team building events for those groups that think they are tough enough to be cowboys and cowgirls! Survivor Series Rodeo is a competition within a group. Usually the group will split into smaller teams of four to six people and compete against each other. They compete in games like Wanna Be A Cowboy, Steerhead Roping, Pole Bending, etc. Requires the participants to ride horses, carry straw, and dig holes.
Hillbilly Boat Race
- Your group divides into teams and is given limited time to grab materials and create a boat made of cardboard, duct tape, sticks, balloons, plastic tubing, and more.
- You’ll also need to choose two teammates to compete in a boat race on Big Wildcat Lake! Wait there’s more! We have the water balloon sling shots on shore, so look out below!