Gold Rush Waterpark
Gold Rush Waterpark
Double JJ Resort is home to the Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, 60,000 square feet of pure water park excitement.
Come slide down Western Michigan’s tallest indoor waterslide.
|Children under 42 inches||$20|
|Children 3 under||Free|
*$10 watcher fee for guests who don’t want to swim but want waterpark access.
|4pm – 9pm|
|10am – 9pm|
|10am – 5pm|
February Waterpark Hours:
March Waterpark Hours:
April Waterpark Hours:
Indoor Waterpark Rules
FOR YOUR MAXIMUM SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT WHILE VISITING OUR WATER PARK, PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES IN MIND:
- Have a fun and a safe day at the Gold Rush Waterpark.
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- No food and refreshments are allowed within the pool area.
- No food and refreshments allowed on any ride or in any pool.
- Food and beverage not purchased at the Double JJ may not be brought into the water park.
- Breakable materials, such as glass, and hazardous materials are prohibited in the pool area.
- Persons with possibly infectious conditions shall be excluded from the pool.
- Pollution of swimming pool such as spitting, urinating, or blowing one’s nose is prohibited.
- No one is permitted in the pool when a supervising adult is not present at pool.
- Proper suit attire must be worn.
- Infants and toddlers must wear swim diapers while in pools.
- Pets are not permitted in pool area.
- The pools and spas are not be used after consumption of alcohol.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- All persons must shower before entering pool.
- Double JJ admittance wristbands must be worn at all times.
- Only coast guard approved life jackets are permitted.
- No running.
- No diving or jumping.
- No dunking, shoulder riding, or rough play.
- Tubes may only be ridden with one person per opening.
- Multiple tubes are not allowed in a slide at one time.
- Double JJ towels may not leave the water park.
- Pregnant women, guests with heart conditions, guests with neck or back problems, and guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to ride any slide.
- Failure to follow lifeguard instructions will result in removal from the water park.
- State law requires riders to obey all warnings and directions for carnival or amusement rides and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to the injury of themselves or others.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty and an accident report must be filed prior to leaving the premises.
- Children age 13 and under must be supervised by an adult
- Know the physical, mental and emotional abilities of yourself and your child.
- Stay in close proximity to your child and closely supervise their activities.
- Know where your child is and have them in sight at all times.
- A lifeguard and/or a life jacket do not replace the watchful eyes and direct supervision of a parent/guardian.
Be part of our team! Please help us watch your children. We are the lifeguards, but you are their lifesavers! In an ongoing effort to ensure guest safety and satisfaction, the Double JJ Resort has partnered with National Aquatics Safety Company (NASCO), a private, outside consulting firm specializing in aquatic risk management. To keep our standards and practices at the highest levels possible, we will typically do a number of drills and skills tests during hours of operation. In addition to this, NASCO will perform three unannounced operational audits per year at each facility, testing them in areas of professionalism, diligence in scanning techniques and rescue skills, as well as their ability to manage an aquatic emergency. If you have any questions regarding our Risk Management Program, please feel free to contact an aquatic manager at 231.894.4444 ext. 4751
We maintain the Gold Rush at 84°F.
The Gold Rush Waterpark is not directly connected to our hotel rooms right now; however the Thoroughbred Suites are the closest accommodations, and are connected via a covered walkway through the Sundance.
For your convenience, we have a complimentary shuttle bus that provides door-to-door service from all our accommodations to the waterpark (and back again) Just dial “0” to ask for a shuttle bus, or stop at the front desk.
No. We provide towels to our Gold Rush guests.
Yes, we rent lockers for a one-day use only, $6 for a large locker or $3 for a small locker, plus a $20 deposit which will be refunded to you when you return the key at the end of the day. We have lockers in our men’s and women’s locker rooms as well outside of the locker rooms for family use. Space is limited though! Please keep in mind that luggage cannot be stored in the lockers. We recommend that you bring a small bag to place your water park necessities in.
We provide Coast Guard approved life jackets at both pools. Our life jackets are free to use, but there are a limited amount. Guests may bring their own life jackets, but they must be Coast Guard approved. No other flotation devices, such as a baby floaty, are not allowed.
Yes. The entire Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, including the lobby and restaurants, has free wireless internet access.
Yes, we have bathing suits for sale in the General Store that is located in the Gold Rush Lobby.
Yes, however the spectator rate for those who don’t want to swim is less expensive than the full admission price and may be purchased for $10.
Yes, however all babies must wear a swim diaper.
Check-in is at 4:00 pm and check-out is at 11:00 am. Guests on packages that include admission to the Gold Rush have full access to the water park on day of arrival and day of departure as long as the Gold Rush is open.
No outside food or beverage will be allowed in the water park. This is not to be confused with food that is sold on the lobby level of the water park. You may certainly order food from Rustler’s Roost (for example) and take it down into the water park to enjoy it.
We recommend, but do not require that footwear be worn in all spaces outside the water park for your safety. Aqua-socks are advisable as our water park floor is coated in a non-slip formula that can irritate sensitive skin. Footwear is required in all of our restaurant establishments.
We recommend that all children are accompanied by a parent or guardian, however, children that are 14 years of age or older may be in the park by themselves.
Yes. Public guests are welcome to buy a ticket for the use of the waterpark for the day.
- Bathing Suit
- Cover Up
- Swim Goggles
- Ear Plugs
- Nose Plugs
- Life Jackets
- Swim Diapers (if needed)
- Reading Materials
- Aqua Shoes/Flip Flops
- Warm clothes to wear when you’re ready to leave the water park
- Plastic bags to put your wet swimsuit in when you’re done swimming
- A Camera to capture all of the fun
- For our guests that don’t want to swim, but would like to enjoy the Gold Rush Waterpark experience with their families – remember to pack a cool T-shirt and shorts to wear while in the water park.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call – 231.894.4444
- Two person slide that drops you into a cannon bowl where you spin around and around before continuing down to the pool below.
- Kids must be at least 48″ to ride.
- Four-person, white-water raft ride for the entire family with quick acceleration, steep drops, splashes and a pool finish.
- Kids must be at least 42″ to ride.
- Ride a single or double tube down this twisting, turning, screaming slide of fun!
- Kids must be at least 48″ to ride without a parent; 42″ to ride with a parent.
- Michigan’s tallest indoor waterslide! A speedy body slide with steep acceleration, light and dark areas and a splashy finish!
- Kids must be at least 42″ to ride.
- Wave pool excitement throws you in and out of the Lazy/Crazy River.
- The wave pool is 3′ 6” deep. Youngsters should not go beyond the 2 foot depth.
JJ’s Hide Out
- Toddler pool offers lots of interactive cranks to turn, ropes to pull, handles to twist, and water to play with!
- Only children less than 48” allowed in this pool.
- Activity pool has basketball, volleyball, and a balance walk.
The Lost Mine
- Multi-level water fort with water guns, handles, and cranks for endless fun!
Lazy Crazy River
- The river is crazy with all the gushing water, explosions and dumping buckets but is still lazy with a slow-moving current.
- Family hot tub is half indoor and half outdoor for a whole lot of fun!
- This adults-only hot tub is the perfect place to relax while the kids are zooming down all the slides!
- Games, games and more games! Check out our huge redemption center too, with lots of great prizes!