Double JJ Resort is home to the Gold Rush Indoor Waterpark, 60,000 square feet of pure water park excitement. Soar down Western Michigan’s tallest indoor waterslide or jump on one of our thrill slides, float down the lazy/crazy river, splash in the wave pool, water fort, toddler pool, water basketball, or relax in the hot tubs! So many ways to get wet all year round!
***To save time upon arrival, please fill out the online waiver below (required)***
Indoor Waterpark Rules
- Have a fun and a safe day at the Gold Rush Waterpark.
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- No food and refreshments are allowed within the pool area.
- No food and refreshments allowed on any ride or in any pool.
- Food and beverage not purchased at the Double JJ may not be brought into the water park.
- Breakable materials, such as glass, and hazardous materials are prohibited in the pool area.
- Persons with possibly infectious conditions shall be excluded from the pool.
- Pollution of swimming pool such as spitting, urinating, or blowing one’s nose is prohibited.
- No one is permitted in the pool when a supervising adult is not present at pool.
- Proper suit attire must be worn.
- Infants and toddlers must wear swim diapers while in pools.
- Pets are not permitted in pool area.
- The pools and spas are not be used after consumption of alcohol.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- All persons must shower before entering pool.
- Double JJ admittance wristbands must be worn at all times.
- Only coast guard approved life jackets are permitted.
- No running.
- No diving or jumping.
- No dunking, shoulder riding, or rough play.
- Tubes may only be ridden with one person per opening.
- Multiple tubes are not allowed in a slide at one time.
- Double JJ towels may not leave the water park.
- Pregnant women, guests with heart conditions, guests with neck or back problems, and guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not permitted to ride any slide.
- Failure to follow lifeguard instructions will result in removal from the water park.
- State law requires riders to obey all warnings and directions for carnival or amusement rides and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to the injury of themselves or others.
- All accidents, however minor, must be reported to the lifeguard on duty and an accident report must be filed prior to leaving the premises.
- Children age 13 and under must be supervised by an adult
- Know the physical, mental and emotional abilities of yourself and your child.
- Stay in close proximity to your child and closely supervise their activities.
- Know where your child is and have them in sight at all times.
- A lifeguard and/or a life jacket do not replace the watchful eyes and direct supervision of a parent/guardian.
Be part of our team! Please help us watch your children. We are the lifeguards, but you are their lifesavers! In an ongoing effort to ensure guest safety and satisfaction, the Double JJ Resort has partnered with National Aquatics Safety Company (NASCO), a private, outside consulting firm specializing in aquatic risk management. To keep our standards and practices at the highest levels possible, we will typically do a number of drills and skills tests during hours of operation. In addition to this, NASCO will perform three unannounced operational audits per year at each facility, testing them in areas of professionalism, diligence in scanning techniques and rescue skills, as well as their ability to manage an aquatic emergency. If you have any questions regarding our Risk Management Program, please feel free to contact an aquatic manager at 231.894.4444 ext. 4751
We provide towels to our Gold Rush guests however you may want to bring your own, at busy times the availability of towels is limited.
Yes, we rent lockers for one-day use only, $15 for a large locker or $10 for a small locker, plus a $20 deposit which will be refunded to you when you return the key at the end of the day. We have lockers in our men’s and women’s locker rooms as well outside of the locker rooms for family use. Space is limited though! Please keep in mind that luggage cannot be stored in the lockers. We recommend that you bring a small bag to place your water park necessities in.
We provide Coast Guard approved life jackets at both pools. Our life jackets require a $10 refundable deposit, and there are a limited amount. Guests may bring their own life jackets, but they must be Coast Guard approved. No other flotation devices, such as a baby floaty, are not allowed.
No, spectators are free.
No outside food or beverage will be allowed in the water park. This is not to be confused with food that is sold on the lobby level of the water park. You may certainly order food from Rustler’s Roost (for example) and take it down into the water park to enjoy it.
- Bathing Suit
- Cover Up
- Swim Goggles
- Ear Plugs
- Nose Plugs
- Life Jackets
- Swim Diapers (if needed)
- Reading Materials
- Aqua Shoes/Flip Flops
- Warm clothes to wear when you’re ready to leave the water park
- Plastic bags to put your wet swimsuit in when you’re done swimming
- For our guests that don’t want to swim, but would like to enjoy the Gold Rush Waterpark experience with their families – remember to pack a cool T-shirt and shorts to wear while in the water park.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call – 231.894.4444