For over 70 years, the Double JJ Resort has been “America’s Friendliest.” A year-round full-service ranch resort, it offers horseback riding, championship golf, indoor waterpark, three private lakes, conference center, restaurants, and so much more!
There’s plenty to do in the winter, too, including snow tubing, sleigh rides, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing. All of this is found in a resort located on over 1,000 pristine wooded acres in beautiful West Michigan.
Our staff come from all over the United states and many from around the world. We are committed to creating an atmosphere that encourages lifelong friendships among guests and staff.
Please take a moment to look over our job postings, employment qualifications and general information, and then fill out the online application form completely.
Lifeguard – Apply Now
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of guests of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Maintains constant surveillance of guests in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of guests in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Activities & Entertainment need to be outgoing and outdoorsy people.
- Setting up sound for town square in the morning during summer, or setting up water park system in the winter.
- Working in the Craft Corner in the Frontier or Sally’s in the Back 40 doing crafts with families and/or children.
- Operate and know the safety precautions of the mechanical bull.
- Provide evening entertainment for guests such as karaoke.
- Preferably have knowledge of audio equipment or theatre, but will be required to set up and tear down sound equipment and be in side shows and skits.
- Run the arcade by turning on games, fixing ticket machines, and working in the redemption area.
- During the winter, the tubing hill is a requirement of the activities department.
- Activities attendants also work together with the retail department.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, and lift
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Good communication skills
Job Type: Part-time
Banquet Servers are responsible for “Creating Positive, Remarkable Experiences.”
Set up banquet venues in accordance to the guest’s contract.
Assist in ensuring that the events are running on time, making adjustments as needed
Serve and clear during the event.
Tear down the venue and ensure proper use, storage and maintenance of all A/V and meeting room equipment.
Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Previous serving experience required.
· Excellent oral communication skills required.
· Positive interpersonal skills required.
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
· Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs
· Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs
· May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on the venue
· Varied weather conditions
· Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
Job Type: Part-time
- Server: 1 year
- Consistently positive service attitude.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Neat, well groomed appearance.
- For front desk and office positions, STRONG computer skills are required.
- Willing to work a variety of shifts, Sundays and holidays, and number of hours deemed necessary by the Resort.
- Willing to work a variety of jobs on the Resort if necessary.
- Willing to work a complete season, May – September.
- Proof of identity and legal right to work in the United States.
- Must be 15 years of age or older.
- Willing to obtain a health certificate if necessary.
- Good personal hygiene and a clean/wholesome appearance is expected of all employees at all times. Visible tattoos and extremes in hairstyles, clothing, jewelry or makeup are not permitted. Men must have neatly groomed hair, cut above the collar and be cleanly shaven prior to coming on duty at the resort. Beards, goatees, excessive sideburns and new growth facial hair is not allowed for seasonal employees.
- Neat and well groomed appearance at all times.
- You will need to provide your own khaki colored pants, blue jeans, shorts, and white or black shirts (either henley or oxford style). Uniform requirements may vary by department. Please check with your hiring manager.
- All employees are responsible for care and cleaning of their uniforms (coin-operated washers/dryers are available).
- No extreme hair colors or unnatural dying.
- No body piercings allowed while working.
- Minimal jewelry to be worn while working.
- Tattoos must be covered up during work.
- Uniforms must be worn during work hours.
- Travel to the resort is at your own expense.
- Double JJ is located approximately 200 miles from Chicago, Illinois & Detroit, Michigan.
- Bus terminal: Muskegon, Michigan – 20 miles.
- Airport pickup: Muskegon, Michigan – 20 miles.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan – 60 miles.
- Amtrack Train terminal: Holland, Michigan – 50 miles.
- Climate – Summer daytime temperatures average 75 degrees with evening lows in the 60s, spring/fall usually much cooler. Winter daytime temperatures average 30 degrees with evening lows under 10 degrees.
- Clothes – sweaters and jackets generally needed; expect occasional rain. In the winter, expect snowfall.