West Michigan has so much to offer… here are a few local attractions you may want to include in your itinerary.
Lewis’ Farm Market
- Lewis’ Farm Market is located on a 700-acre fruit farm in New Era, Michigan.
- Located 2.5 miles (5 minutes) from Double JJ.
Country Dairy Farm Tours
- Receive a guided tour of a working dairy farm and milk processing facility. Sample their famous Premium Chocolate Milk or “Moochies.”
- Country Dairy is just 3.6 miles (7 minutes) from Double JJ.
- Located behind the White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, the Caboose Museum offers a look into the railroading history of Montague and Whitehall.
- Located 9.8 miles (19 minutes) from Double JJ.
World’s Largest Weathervane
- Standing on the corner of Dowling and Water Street, the hand forged aluminum weather-vane is 48 feet high, 14 feet long, and weighs 4,300 pounds.
- The World’s Largest Weathervane is just 9.1 miles (17 minutes) from Double JJ.
White River Light Station and Museum
- Built in 1875 by Captain William Robinson, the White River Light Station now serves as a physical reminder of the rich nautical history of Michigan. The light house is now a museum and open to the public. Plan a visit to the museum and climb the spiral staircase to the top of the light house tower, browse the many 19th and early 20th century photographs and examine our collection nautical artifacts, look out across Lake Michigan as the light house keeper did a century ago.
- The White River Light Station and Museum Located 16.3 miles (34 minutes) from Double JJ.
- The Historic Howmet Playhouse is a City of Whitehall project, located two blocks off the the main street of a traditional downtown in Whitehall, Michigan. The ninety-five year old theater has been presenting fine arts and entertainment to the greater West Michigan area since 1916.
- Howmet Playhouse is just 10 miles (19 minutes) from Double JJ.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes State Park
- Silver Lake State Park is an almost 3,000-acre park in Oceana County along the Lake Michigan shoreline. This area includes both dune country and acres of mature forest. The dune ridges and valleys are mostly windblown sand and lack trees, scrub brush and dune grass. The dune area is sometimes compared to a desert. Silver Lake State Park contains more than four miles of Lake Michigan shoreline and boasts a large sandy beach.
- Located 15.5 miles (29 minutes) from Double JJ.
Mac Wood’s Dune Rides
- Since 1930, Mac Wood’s has provided you a fun-filled 7 mile dune ride lasting about 40 minutes. Hosted by knowledgeable drivers who understand the history and environment of the constantly changing sand mountains. A Mac Wood’s Dune Ride is a thrilling experience! To climb to the summit and see spread in all directions such a vast panorama is breathtaking! Glide down the sweeps into the valleys, drive past sparkling Silver Lake, and visit Lake Michigan’s lovely beach! Visitors of all ages enjoy the exciting, scenic rides.
- Located 15.7 miles (28 minutes) from Double JJ.
Hart-Montague Bike Trail
- Hart-Montague Trail State Park is a paved, 22-mile trail formerly used by trains that passes through rural, forested lands. Scenic overlooks and picnic areas are located along the trail. Beginning in Hart and ending in Montague with access points in Mears, Shelby, New Era you can bike (rentals available in Mears) or hike this scenic trail through woods, orchards and stop along the way for an ice cream cone. Enjoy wildlife, birds, fresh air and great exercise.
- The Trail is located 3 miles (6 minutes) from Double JJ.
- Winston Motor Speedway holds stock car racing every Friday night from April to September. Winston is a 3/8th mile dirt track located in Rothbury, Michigan. Demolition Derby, Powder Puff Races and Train Races also are part of the tracks schedule of events that take place on Saturday nights. Truck and Tractor Pulls, Horse Pulls, Wagon Rides, and Enduro Races have also been part of the fun at Winston Motor Speedway. Come out and watch some of the best racing in the State of Michigan right here at Winston Motor Speedway.
- Just 3.7 miles (8 minutes) from Double JJ.