When it comes to vineyards and wineries, most people think of France or California. However, Michigan has its own wine country, and it’s pretty incredible. The Lake Michigan coast is full of can’t-miss western Michigan wineries, forming what we like to call the Michigan wine trail. From the center of our coast all the way to the southern end, there are countless Michigan wine tours to satisfy your taste buds. Head to Double JJ Resort to enjoy the best resort and wine tasting in Michigan.
Our Top 5 Western Michigan Wineries
With so many western Michigan wineries and vineyards near Double JJ Resort, you can make an entire day out of exploring the gorgeous scenery and heavenly wine tastings in Michigan. If you want a vacation full of Michigan wine tours, try to stop at all five of these western Michigan wineries. Or, if you prefer to spend a longer amount of time at each, you can select one or two to visit for a more involved wine tasting in Michigan.
- Oceana Winery and Vineyard has a wide variety of wines available, ranging from dry to sweet. They have two locations that offer wine tasting in Michigan: one at their vineyard in New Era and another in Muskegon. Both are on the Michigan wine trail and within driving distance of your Double JJ accommodations.
- Fox Barn Market and Winery is an elegantly rustic western Michigan winery with an outdoor barn and beautiful views. In addition to classic reds and whites, they have deliciously sweet wines and snacks to match.
- Jomagrha Vineyards & Winery opened in 1999 and has crafted American and French delicacies ever since. Their small batches are popular enough to sell out. And their prices couldn’t be more reasonable.
- Love Wines is a family-owned company that crafts vino with creativity. It’s a must-stop spot along the Michigan wine trail. Each year, they have an entire calendar of fun events for visitors to attend.
- Douglas Valley Winery is a larger vineyard with 8,000 vines and plenty of other fruit and vegetable plots. They have live music, wine-and-paint classes, and a farmers market during the summer season. Plus, it has the same incredible scenery of the entire Michigan wine trail!
For a list of even more western Michigan wineries, meaderies, and cider mills, check out this map of Michigan wine tours.
Resorts on the Michigan Wine Trail
Staying in western Michigan gives you access to some of the best wineries in North America. Your entire visit will be full of refreshing air and northern forests. Double JJ is one of the best western Michigan resorts, so before or after your adventure across the Michigan wine country, enjoy horseback riding or a game of golf with us. Call 231-894-3999 or contact us online to sent up your vino vacation!